Wishing you all a year ahead filled with good health, prosperity and a steady path to your 2016 goals.
We wanted to share a look at our last year:
- The Academic Specialty Course was launched and enjoyed its first graduates.
- Our Weddings Specialty Course became Educationally Approved by the International Special Events Society (ISES Approved).
- We partnered with Bryant University to offer a Certificate in Event Management through their Executive Development Center.
- We presented 5 more groups of graduates with their Certificate in Special Events Planning – and sent them on their way to job promotions, new businesses and exciting opportunities!
And here’s what we are looking forward to:
- The Corporate Event Course is open – it’s filled with fantastic guest lecturers, charts, tools and resources. We are using Professional Meeting Management as a textbook – it’s a great way to prep for the CMP if that is on your “GOAL LIST”.
- We’ll be speaking at the The Special Event Show next Tuesday (#TSE2016) in Orlando, FL. Karen F. Salhaney, M. NP and I (Jill S. Moran, CSEP) will be giving a talk on Internship Programs, Tuesday, January 12th at 11:30AM. Stop by if you are at the conference!
- Partnerships – We are working with colleges, universities and associations to bring some exciting new educational offerings to event professionals in the year ahead! Stay tuned!
My personal goals this year center on the theme “moderation”
- Keep goals to a minimum – no more than 3 a day.
- Celebrate even a small success every day.
- Listen to my body – keep it healthy and feeling good through good eating, exercise and rest!
- Take time to enjoy things that recharge and regenerate me – walking, a chat with family or friends, being in my garden or outside.
- Remember to say “thank you “– and smile! Live a life of appreciation and gratitude!
As a gift, I’d like to offer a chapter in the latest edition of my book, How to Start a Home-based Event Planning Business. It’s the chapter on Being your Best. I hope it offers some ideas to help you create the life you dream of and enjoy the journey along the way!
Our Winter term is just starting up and we're offering some great courses to further your event education. Take a look at our ENROLL NOW page. We look forward to continuing to be a resource for you and staying in touch in the year ahead!
Special Events Institute
You are receiving this email because you created a user name at www.SpecialEventsInstitute.com. If you do not wish to receive our News and would like us to remove you as a user, please email info@SpecialEventsInstitute.com with the Subject: REMOVE ME PLEASE and we would be happy to remove your name.