Site news

New Term - New Look!

Jill S. Moran, CSEP
New Term - New Look!
by Jill Moran, CSEP - Thursday, August 14, 2014, 2:01 PM

Hello everyone!  I hope you have had a nice break since our last term~

You will notice when you log in now, that we have been updating the site!  Navigation is very similar, but we've added a few new features:

• Quick Links  - News, our Facebook page, Blog and Alumni corner are now listed on the homepage.  We'll be posting in these frequently so take a look each time you sign in for new information and news! We've got some great Webinars coming up that you won't want to miss!
  • Link to Public site - is in the top bar now - if you wish to go back to that site to join a new course or look around!
  • Social Media Icons - are along the bottom. Please LIKE, LISTEN and SHARE with us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Your courses are listed along the top, and the Discussion Forum for All is a great place to network with students in all the courses. So visit and post as often as you like!

Some of our students are enrolled in the Five-Course Certificate Program, some preparing for their CSEP, and others enjoying the first of our Specialty Courses - Weddings! Lots of great event enthusiasts to network with so don't be afraid to mingle in the Discussion Forum or within the Course Cafe in each course.

I am excited to travel tomorrow to Seattle to ISES LIVE, the annual conference that ISES holds. I will be meeting one of my very first graduates - Krista O'Byrne - as well as many of the guest lecturers that you find in the courses. It will be an exciting and inspiring week ahead for me! I'll be sure to share any news and ideas with the instructors and on Social Media when I return.

Enjoy the start of the new term for our Certificate Courses which opens on Monday, August 18th.  You'll be receiving a Welcome from your course instructor. Good luck to those continuing to prepare for the CSEP Exam and taking the Weddings Course.  A gentle reminder to all students to please submit any course fees before the start of the new term to stay on track with your course schedule plan.

Thank you all for sharing your passion and talents with us at the Special Events Institute!  We look forward to a terrific term learning, sharing and growing as event professionals!

Best,

Jill S. Moran, CSEP

Executive Director